American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company®
Who is American Equity?
We are The Financial Dignity Company – and while each person might define financial dignity differently, we believe it’s having the means to retire with pride and peacefulness in your daily life.
To do that, our contract owners work with independent agents to choose one of our leading annuity products best suited for their personal needs. And we stay mindful of our investments and continue to look for growth opportunities that enable us to delight and deliver on our decades-long promises to our contract owner.
Led by high-energy, savvy thinkers and doers, our team has elevated our business, remaining an agile, time-tested partner in retirement and steadfast in our commitment to the communities we live and work through AE CARES and thoughtful business investments.
Headquartered in West Des Moines, IA for nearly three decades, we have satellite offices slated to open in 2022 in Charlotte, NC, and New York, NY. We currently help fund more than half a million retirements nationwide.
Our Commitment to You
Supporting your future and success are at the center of everything we do. Whether you are a contract owner or an agent, our team of professionals are focused on providing you with the very best service in our industry, product integrity and stable retirement income planning.
Our goal is to help deliver financial dignity in retirement to our contract owners and make their lives a little easier. As an American Equity contract owner, you can expect a dependable partner who will:
- Answer your phone call promptly during business hours
- Be knowledgeable, informed and accessible to answer questions
- Process your requests quickly
- Provide easy-to-understand information and forms
- Give you online access to view your contract at any time
- Work to establish a long-term relationship with you
As an agent with American Equity, you are our partner. We recognize that without your loyalty and hard work, we would not be the company we are today. You helped us build this business from the ground up, and you help us continue to grow in our industry. American Equity is committed to excellence in every interaction we have with you, including:
- Your phone call answered promptly by an American Equity professional
- Contracts issued within 24-48 hours (contracts that are in good order)
- Commissions paid daily
- Competitive, innovative products
- Long-term relationships
- A dedicated Marketing Team focused on your success
- Free online product training
American Equity's Team
Our team culture lays the groundwork for providing the best products, exemplary customer service, and for building an engaged and valued team. Our cultural beliefs focus on:
- Performing as One Team to foster a trusting and transparent environment to work toward common objectives.
- Inspiring Innovation by leaving our comfort zones daily to advance the company's goals.
- Taking Action to seek the best available information and deliver results.
- Owning It by taking responsibility for our actions and growing from our experiences.
- Breaking Boundaries to engage in respectful conversations that invite diverse perspectives and experiences.
We offer a competitive benefits program designed to support and meet the evolving needs of our growing workforce. We also encourage and invest in our team through a wide variety of professional development opportunities, various bonus occasions, Volunteer Time Off (VTO), and more. Learn more on our Careers page
American Equity’s Values
Being a reliable partner is not just something we talk about, it’s something we strive to achieve by practicing sound business principles that reflect our integrity and financial stability.
As we aim to make our customers’ lives a little easier, and use the following principles to guide us on the journey:
- Commitment to Service – One of American Equity's core philosophies is providing exemplary customer service each day. We are committed to conservative investment practices that focus on keeping your money protected. If you call our office during business hours, you’ll always talk to a live person and won’t have to wait on hold for a long period of time. Our team members are professional, courteous and helpful to your needs.
- Product Integrity – We understand that every retirement is different, and each one requires its own financial approach. However, the end goal is the same – a reliable income source and asset protection. With our annuities, we are focused on providing you a contract backed by our financial strength and claims-paying ability. Our values of honesty, fairness and truthfulness have always been essential to the products we design.
- Financial Strength – We have been recognized for our commitment to solid business principles and financial strength. A.M. Best is the largest and oldest independent worldwide insurance rating agency dedicated to providing financial strength ratings and detailed reports on insurance companies. A.M. Best has assigned American Equity an “A-“ Excellent rating. Their expert opinion validates our strength and ability to maintain strong capital adequacy and meet the long-term contractual obligations relative to the norms of the industry.
American Equity at a Glance
- $60.42 Billion in Assets
- 24,000 Active Agents
- 500,000+ Contract Owners
- 800+ Team Members
- Committed to giving back, including financial support and volunteer hours for a host of organizations
About the American Equity Family of Companies
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company® is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:AEL). Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, including American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company®, Eagle Life Insurance Company® and American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company of New York, we specialize in fixed and fixed index annuities. Find Investor Relations information at https://ir.american-equity.com/.
A.M. Best has assigned American Equity an “A-” (Excellent) rating, reflecting their current opinion of American Equity’s financial strength and its ability to meet its ongoing contractual obligations relative to the norms of the life/health insurance industry. A.M. Best utilizes 15 rating categories ranging from A++ to F. An “A-” rating from A.M. Best is its fourth highest rating. For the latest rating, access www.ambest.com. Rating effective 8/2/2006, affirmed 7/29/21.
Guarantees are based on the financial strength and claims paying ability of American Equity and are not guaranteed by any bank or insured by the FDIC.
This material is for informational purposes only, and is not a recommendation to buy, sell, hold or rollover any asset. It does not take into account the specific financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, or need of any specific person. In providing this information American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company is not acting as your fiduciary as defined by the Department of Labor. American Equity does not offer legal, investment or tax advice or make recommendations regarding insurance or investment products. Please consult a qualified professional.